The Gionee Elife E8 smartphone might soon hit shelves as the handset has been spotted on China’s Tenaa mobile certification website. It is worth noting that during the Elife S7 launch in India, the company President William Lu already confirmed the Elife E8 flagship would be launching soon, and that Gionee would also be launching M-series and P-series smartphones in India. The launch date of the handset remains a question.
Gionee Elife E8 (GN9008), the company’s upcoming E series flagship has been certified in China on TENAA. The company already confirmed that the it will launch the camera-centric Elife E8 later this year during the launch of its Elife S7 smartphone in India in April. According to the listing, the smartphone will feature a 6-inch Quad HD AMOLED screen, will be powered by a 2GHz Octa-Core processor, 3GB RAM, Android 5.0 OS with Amigo UI on top and 4G support.
No details about its rear camera but according to earlier GFX Bench listing, it will come with a 24MP rear camera. It will come with a 8-megapixel front-facing camera and have 4G LTE support. It has a fingerprint sensor on the back, below the camera. The listing was first spotted by GizChina.
Gionee Elife E8 specifications
- Dimensions: 164.0 × 82.3 × 9.6 mm; Weight: 207.0 g
- 6-inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD AMOLED display
- 2 GHz octa-core MediaTek MT6795 processor with PowerVR G6200 GPU
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop) with Amigo UI
- 24MP rear camera with dual LED Flash
- 8MP front-facing camera
- 3GB RAM, 32GB of internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, GPS
- 3520mAh battery