Xiaomi has finally announced its latest smartphone that it has been teasing for the past few days. The Xiaomi Mi Note is the company’s latest flagship that it is using to compete against the Apple iPhone 6 Plus.Xiaomi just announced the Xiaomi Mi Note, the company’s latest flagship smartphone at an event in China, Beijing. The sides of the Mi Note are made out of metal while both the front and back are made out of Corning Gorilla Glass 3. The front has a 2.5D glass with a gentle curve around the edges and the back has what Xiaomi calls 3D glass with a more pronounced curve. The phone will be available in black and white.
It has a 5.7-inch 1080p 2.5D curved glass display from JDI with just 0.3mm bezel on the sides and Corning Gorilla Glass Protection, is powered by a 2.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor with Adreno 330 GPU and runs on MIUI on top of Android 4.4 (KitKat)It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), dual-tone LED flash, Sony BSI sensor,6P lenses and a 4-megapixel front-facing camera with pixel size of 2 microns.The Xiaomi Mi Note comes in black and white colors and is priced at 2299 Chinese Yuan ( US$ 371 / Rs. 22,930 approx) for the 16GB variant and the 64GB variant costs 2799 Chinese Yuan ( US$ 451 / Rs. 27,875 approx). It goes on sale in China later this month, but no details about the global roll out yet. Xiaomi has also announced the Mi Note Pro with a Quad HD display, Snapdragon 810 SoC and 4GB RAM.
Even the back has a 3D curved Gorilla Glass 3 protection. It has ESS ES9018K2M chip with 192kHz / 24bit studio-quality audio decoding and TI’s OPA1612 amplifier for better audio output.
Xiaomi Mi Note specifications
- MIUI on top of Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- Dual SIM (micro + nano)
- 5.7-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS display with 386 PPI resolution
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 2.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor with Adreno 330 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 16 / 64 GB internal memory
- 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, OIS, Sony IMX214 BSI sensor, 6-element lens, f/2.0 aperture, 4K video recording
- 4MP front-facing camera
- 6.95mm thick and weighs 161 grams
- 4G LTE , WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS
- 3000mAh battery